Have you ever thought of other ways to use golf balls other than in the golf course? After all, these balls are known for their durability. The maximum damage they can get would be dents and scratches. The question now is, “How damaged would a golf ball have to be before you would stop playing with it?” The answer would lie on you. If you think that you can no longer play with it in the golf course, then maybe it is time to give it up.
If you are on the creative side, then there is a great possibility that you will try to think of a way to use the ball for a creative project instead of throwing it away. The good news is that there are a few ways to recycle it. If you plan to complete projects that use a golf ball, well, here’s an article that just might help you get started. There are a lot of things that you can actually create out of the used and damaged golf balls that you have. Mentioned below are just some of them:
1. Since golf is an outdoor sport, why not think of creating an art in your garden using your non-functional golf ball? Note that your garden will always offer an excellent means to be creative and productive. Try lining your flower beds or making a walkway using the balls. The only downside is that collecting these balls will require a lot of patience.
2. If you would like to finish a project for your garden which is a bit harder or can make you feel more engaged in the activity, then making cute animals such as ants or ladybugs by attaching two or three balls and finishing them up using wires for their antennae and legs is a great idea. Aside from looking cute, you can also expect them to improve the attention-grabbing ability of your yard.
3. Using the golf balls inside flower containers will also help the water to drain properly. As we all know, proper drainage is essential in getting a healthy and flourishing garden. Make sure to utilize the required number of balls to fully cover the bottom part of the container. If there are small gaps, then don’t worry since these also serve a purpose. The next step would be adding the potting dirt or soil. You can then plant the herbs, shrub and flowers as you normally do.
4. If you love picnics, then you can invent tablecloth weights sewed or clipped into the corners. This way, you will no longer get frustrated if a huge gust of wind catches the tablecloth when you are out on a picnic, picks the tablecloth up and turns all the food over. You can actually utilize the used golf ball as tablecloth weight. You only need to sew the golf balls into the corners of the tablecloth to add some weight.
5. If you have fish tanks and you wish to improve their look, then you can also make use of your golf ball. You can use it as decorations or pebbles for the tank.
6. A golf ball also comes with a round shape which is perfect for Christmas ornaments. If you are interested in creating ornaments at home during the holidays, then consider using your old golf ball to create one. If you want a simpler version of this ornament, then all it takes is for you to glue the ball into your Christmas tree or decorations using a hook. In case you plan to create a winter theme this holiday season, then leaving it white is surely a great idea. It is also possible to integrate more color into it by painting it with gold, red or any color that you prefer.
7. And finally, though this has nothing to do with art projects, note that you can make money by selling partially damaged golf balls with minor scratches and dents into the market. You can sell these to aspiring professional golfers who are still on the stage of mastering the sport.