Are you searching for the best essential oils for dry skin and aging skin? Not sure which model to pick up? Then you NEED to see the list below.
>>> Top 6 Best Essential Oils for dry skin and aging skin – Most Recommended ⇓⇓⇓
Essential oils have many benefits: aside from aromatherapeutic properties, these oils are also useful for treating skin conditions.
They work especially well if you have dry skin, or mature skin that has fine lines looks flaky, and feels rough.
Looking for good essential oils for dry skin? Read our article and know the best selection and how to use them correctly.
Below are the most efficient essential oils for treating annoying dry, irritated skin.
Note: For all these essential oils, you can simply drop one or two drops into your favorite carrier oil or moisturizer cream. They will enhance hydration and soothe your skin really well. Remember not to apply these oils undiluted, because they may cause irritation.
#1. Hera Nature Rose Antioxidant Bulgarian Essential Oil
Rose essential oils are not only renowned for its intoxicating smell, but also for the therapeutic properties.
Science has proven that this oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant compounds, that do well to heal and reduce inflammation. By inhibiting water from evaporating from our skin, people with dry, rough patches. You will see your skin improving every day, from the texture to the tone.
#2. Plant Therapy Frankincense Serrata Organic Essential Oil
The aroma of frankincense is calming and woody, while its proponents are excellent for calming irritated and dry skin.
Doctors and dermatologists recommend this oil for using on facial skin to reduce scars appearance, erase fine lines, and promote skin regeneration. This is truly one of the essential oils for aging skin.
#3. Plant Therapy Geranium Egyptian Essential Oil
People with dry skin suffer greatly in harsh weather conditions. A whiff of cold air or strong wind can result in red, angry, and inflamed skin.
In such occasions, you would need some drops of geranium essential oils to your rescue. When applied diluted on the face, the oil performs dual actions: calm the inflammation and irritation down, while supply moist to each and every skin cell.
Some people even regard this oil as a Swiss Army knife for skincare, because it can do so many things at once? Improving elasticity, balancing out oil production, reducing breakouts, boosting blood circulation, etc. Anything this oil does, it does well.
#4. Majestic Pure Lavender Oil
This essential oil appears on so many lists that it may make you wonder about its capacity for any single category.
We are here to assure you when it comes to the quality essential oils for dry skin/aging skin, the lavender essential oil is the one to trust.
The problem of dry/mature skin is that it tends to get irritated and inflamed easily. As lavender essential oil is a cure-all for calming, it works really well for people with cracking, itchy skin.
You can use it on the face as a moisturizer, to soothe bug bites, to heal burns, and especially for the dry, chapped skin on your limbs.
How to make use of the essential oils for aging skin/dry skin
With these five essential oils, you can use their diluted forms by themselves, or mix them up together to have an intoxicating potion for skin problems. For the first use, just add a drop or two into your carrier oil of choice, or into your favorite moisturizer.
Then, apply the customized skincare product to your cuticles, body, and face, anywhere on your body that needs healing.
For the second use, we can utilize some recipes below.
Facial oil – Hydrate & Firm
You will need:
- Frankincense essential oil – 20 drops
- Rose essential oil – 10 drops
- Grapeseed oil as carrier oil (you can substitute this with avocado oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil).
- Take a 10ml bottle (best option is rolled cap bottle), and add the essential oils first. Fill the bottle with a carrier oil and shake to mix the oils up.
- Screw on the roller cap to seal things up, and roll into dry, rough or irritated area. In fact, this oil is so gentle that you can use it all over your face.
Skin Salve – Soothing and calming
In their hardened form, you can bring these essential oils anywhere and use them whenever you want.
You will need
- Carrier oil: 1 cup (grapeseed, avocado, coconut, almond, etc). I suggest you use two types of carrier oils, half a cup for each oil to maximize the moisturizing benefits.
- Beeswax: 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil: 2 tablespoons
- Frankincense essential oils: 2 teaspoons
- Lavender essential oil: 5 drops
- Tea tree essential oil: 5 drops
- First, you need to melt the beeswax into its liquid form. Use a double boiler for this.
- Once the wax has liquefied, add carrier oils in, mix everything up.
- Leave to set for 4 – 5 mins.
- Add essential oils and stir to mix again.
- Put the mixture into a dark glass container. Leave to set for 1 – 2 hours.
Whenever you feel itchy or irritated, apply this salve to the area. It will soothe your skin instantly!
Use essential oils to solve your skin problems
Now that you know about the best essential oils for aging skin/dry skin, make sure that you use them to treat skin problems. Hydrate and soothe skin naturally is the best way to show your body some love!